Adam B. Shaeffer is a writer, theologian, and poet. You’ll typically find him hanging out with his family, trees, or characters in fiction. He has an MA in Spiritual Formation from Talbot School of Theology and a PhD in Theology and Literature from Durham University.
- “Frodo and Saruman: Euformation, Dysformation, and Immortality in The Lord of the Rings,” in Death and Immortality in Middle-earth: Peter Roe Series XVII, ed. Daniel Helen. Edinburgh: Luna Press, 2017.
- Spiritual Formation in Tolkien’s Legendarium, PhD. Thesis, 2018.
- Multiple book reviews for Reviews in Religion and Theology, The Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care, and Transpositions.
- An as yet untitled essay appearing in the forthcoming volume Tolkien and Theology from Lexington/Fortress edited by Douglas Estes.
- “Ancient and Beautiful and True,” Transpositions, 2012.
- “How to Search for Theological Topics in Logos,” Word by Word, 2018.
- “Reading Lewis Deeply with the Logos Courses Tool,” Word by Word, 2019.
- “How to Fact-Check Online Quotes Fast,” Word by Word, 2020.
- “2 Unbelievably Simple Tools to Cultivate Spiritual Health,” Word by Word, 2021.
- “Trusts and Estate Planning: What Should Be in Your Estate Plan?,” Meyer Law Offices, 2022 (ghostwritten).
- “Traumatic Brain Injury Law,” Meyer Law Offices, 2022 (ghostwritten).
- “Sacramento Wrongful Death Attorney,” Meyer Law Offices, 2022 (ghostwritten).
- “Do I Need a Car Accident Attorney?,” Meyer Law Offices, 2022 (ghostwritten).
- “Two Feet Apart,” Residential Aliens, 2010.
- “A Choir of One,” This Mutant Life, 2011.
- The Little Leaf, Xist Publishing, 2012.
- “From Fantasist to Son,” Jabberwocky Magazine, 2011.
Technical Writing / Customer Education
- Hebrew and Greek Input Options
- How do I search for Theological Topics?
- Logos 9 Basic Bible Study Series
- Logos Help File
- Personal Books
- Study Augustine with Logos
- “Why I Wish I Had Logos 10 Years Ago,” The Logos Bible Software Seminary Guide, 2022.
- “What’s New in Logos 10,” The Logos Bible Software Seminary Guide, forthcoming 2023.